About This Tour
OK, so you have a limited amount of time but are crazy about riding bikes and want to cram in as much as possible during your valuable holiday time? Da da - we have got it covered!
This 10 day tour allows you to fly in and decompress before joining us for a biking experience of a lifetime, then relax for a day in Chiang Mai before flying out. The tour is scheduled to start on a Monday and finish on a Wednesday, fitting in nicely with a two week holiday slot.
The tour has been planned to take in the absolute best that northern Thailand has to offer - fantastic roads, beautiful vistas, quality hotels and "must see" attractions such as the towns of Pai and Mae Hong Son, the ancient city of Sukhothai, stunning Phu Chi Fa and of course, the Golden Triangle. To top it off, we'll also visit the famed "White Temple" in Chiang Rai.
- Pai – the “hippy/alternative” town nestled in a beautiful lush valley.
- Rak Thai – A KMT village on the border with Myanmar.
- Mae Hong Son – Ethnic town centred around a picture-postcard lake.
- Boat ride to a Karen Long Neck village.
- Sukhothai – The ancient capital of Siam, dating back to the 13th century.
- Khao Kho – known to locals as “Little Switzerland”.
- Nan – the province with possibly the best rider’s roads in all of Thailand.
- Phu Chi Fa – this author’s favourite part of Thailand due to the stunning views.
- Chiang Khong/Chiang Saen – location of the Mekhong river and the (in)famous Golden Triangle.
- Chiang Rai – busy provincial capital with a good choice of eateries e.t.c and close to Wat Rong Khun (a.k.a “The White Temple”).
- Doi Chang – home to some of the best coffee beans in the world.
The itinerary runs as follows:
- Chiang Mai to Pai via scenic backroads.
- Pai to Mae Hong Son with a lunch stop at Rak Thai.
- Mae Hong Son to Mae Sarieng with a visit to a Karen Long Neck village.
- Mae Sarieng to Sukhothai – a big but fun day in the saddle.
- Rest day in Sukhothai. Explore the Historical Park by bicycle.
- Sukhothai to Dansai via Khao Kho, Thailand’s “Little Switzerland”.
- Dansai to Nan including one of the remotest roads in Thailand.
- Nan to Chiang Khong via the picturesque Phu Chi Fah area.
- Chiang Khong to Chiang Rai including the Golden Triangle.
- Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai via The White Temple and Doi Chang.
In our opinion, this tour is the ultimate combination of the best riding and sightseeing of northern Thailand on offer anywhere. The tour is “all inclusive” meaning that everything apart from evening meals and alcohol is supplied. Bikes (Honda CB500X for solo riders/Suzuki V-Strom 650 for pillion), riding jacket & helmet, fuel, insurance, accommodation for 10 nights (pre-departure night plus 9 on tour), breakfast, lunch and any admission fees. Hotels are of good to excellent quality and most have pools. All rooms are single occupancy with double beds. If you need twin beds let us know via email as discounts may be available.
Please note, this tour can also be “cut in two”, with a three day trip encompassing the Mae Hong Son Loop and a seven day tour starting with a night in Sukhothai and continuing – price is 8,500 baht/night for riders and 2,000 baht/night for pillion.
This is a tour suitable for anyone with a reasonable amount of “big bike” experience and pillions are welcome. We don’t ride extremely fast and definitely not recklessly but you must be competent and comfortable with speeds averaging between 80 – 120kph and we’ll cover approximately 2,400km over the course of the 10 days.
- 26/11/2018 – 05/12/2018
- 03/12/2018 – 12/12/2018
- 10/12/2018 – 19/12/2018
- 07/01/2019 – 16/01/2019
- 21/01/2019 – 30/01/2019
- 04/02/2019 – 13/02/2019
- 18/02/2019 – 27/02/2019
- 04/03/2019 – 13/03/2019
- 18/03/2019 – 27/03/2019
Summer break. Tours can be run on demand.
- 30/09/2019 – 09/10/2019
- 14/10/2019 – 23/10/2019
- 28/10/2019 – 6/11/2019
- 11/11/2019 – 20/11/2019
- 25/11/2019 – 04/12/2019
- 09/12/2019 – 18/12/2019
- 23/12/2019 – 01/01/2020
- 06/01/2020 – 15/01/2020
- 20/01/2020 – 29/01/2020
- 03/02/2020 – 12/02/2020
- 17/02/2020 – 26/02/2020
- 02/03/2020 – 11/03/2020
- 16/03/2020 – 25/03/2020