About This Tour
“This is Burma and it is unlike any land you know about” – Rudyard Kipling
After decades of darkness and political obscurity, the veil of mystery is slowly being lifted on the country we now know as Myanmar. Formerly Burma, this magical land is slowly opening it’s doors to motorcycle tourism.
Whilst it’s not yet possible to enter and travel within Myanmar as a free independent tourist, by accompanying us on one of our guided tours, you will experience first-hand the stunning beauty of one of the world’s least explored countries and meet and interact with it’s warm, open-hearted people. We can say without doubt that this tour is the jewel in the crown of our varied guided motorcycle tour portfolio and are happy to share it with you.
TBB Tours proudly present our amazing Road to Mandalay Tour – where mountains meet the sea. Spend 14 days with us, the unparalleled experts in motorcycle touring in Myanmar. Experience this enchanting country and enjoy great mountain scenery, fabulous untouched coastline and beaches, ancient culture and history plus fantastic riding interspersed with a decent amount of relaxation time.
- Kyaiktiyo – The Golden Rock
- Naypyidaw – The Amazing New Capital
- Inle Lake – Shan Traditions and lifestyle
- Mandalay – Myanmar’s most famed City of Culture
- Bagan – Ancient City of More than Two
- Thousand Pagodas
- Ngapali Beach – Unspoilt sandy beaches and great seafood
- Rakhine State – Miles of pristine beaches following the Bay of Bengal
- Yangon – Schwedagon Pagoda and nightlife
- Remote mountain roads and dramatic, soaring high passes
The itinerary runs as follows:
- Chiang Mai to Myawaddy – Cross into Myanmar
- Myawaddy to Kyaiktiyo – The afternoon free to visit the Golden Rock
- Kyaiktiyo to Naypyidaw – The amazing new capital
- Naypyidaw to Inle Lake
- Rest day at Inle Lake.Spend the day on a boat visiting the lake and all it has to offer
- Inlento Mandalay – The afternoon free to visit the city
- Mandalay to Bagan – half day ride with the afternoon to explore the historic area of Bagan by electric scooter
- Bagan – Ann
- Ann – Ngapali Beach
- Rest day at Ngapali Beach
- Ngapali Beach
- Gwa – Yangon
- Yangon – Hpa An
- Hpa An – Chiang Mai
TBB Tours have been riding and operating tours in Myanmar since the borders were first opened offering you great local knowledge and peace of mind to enjoy your trip with us. As with all emerging economies, Myanmar is on the edge of undergoing great change with India and China hungry for the abundant natural resources. This will irrevocably alter the country and not necessarily for the better or to the benefit of the great majority. Come with us on this magical tour and experience the “real” Myanmar before it’s too late.
This tour is “all inclusive” meaning that everything apart from evening meals and alcohol is supplied. Bikes, riding jacket & helmet, fuel, insurance, accommodation for 14 nights, breakfast, lunch and any admission fees.
This is a tour suitable for anyone with a reasonable amount of “big bike” experience and pillions are welcome. We don’t ride extremely fast and definitely not recklessly but you must be competent and comfortable with speeds averaging between 80 – 120kph.
Special thanks to our good friend and customer Pat Hesse for allowing us to use his images.