About This Tour
“Simply Beautiful” is the new tourism slogan for Laos.
Whether riding through the majestic mountains in the North, visiting the unique Unesco World Heritage site that is Luang Prabang, or enjoying the stunning sunsets over the Mekong River, this once “forgotten country” is now Simply Beautiful.
TBB Tours proudly presents our amazing Four Countries Loop Tour. It is the ultimate Northern Thailand/Laos experience, comprising approximately 2,500km over eleven days and ten nights.
This is our most comprehensive S.E. Asia tour at an unparalleled price.
- Chiang Mai – The Rose of the North
- Chiang Rai and the stunning White Temple
- A walk across the border into Burma (Tachilek) to see the sights and local market
- Riding through the mountains of Laos
- Experience the hospitality of the local hill tribes
Ride up to the Laos/Chinese border at Boten (formerly a “casino town”)
- Visit the Unesco World Heritage site of Luang Prabang
- The road from Luang Prabang to Vientiane is one of the best in S.E. Asia
- Experience the vibrant capital city of Vientiane
- Ride 200km along the banks of the Mekong
- Ride through four Thai national parks in one day
- Beers at sunset overlooking the Mekong!
The Itinerary runs as Follows:
- Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. Visit the White Temple
- Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong. Walk across the border into Burma; visit the Golden Triangle and Opium Museum
- Chiang Khong to Luang Namthaa. Cross the border into Laos
- Luang Namthaa to Muang La. Spend the night by the banks of the river
- Muang La to Luang Prabang. This road has just been resurfaced and is a rider’s dream
- Day off to explore Luang Prabang
- Luang Prabang to Vientiane. One of the most scenic roads in S.E. Asia
- Day off to explore Vientiane
- Vientiane to Chiang Khan. Cross back into Thailand and ride 200km along the Mekong River
- Chiang Khan to Nam Pat. Ride through four national parks in one day
- Nam Pat to Chiang Mai. About 200km back to Chiang Mai
TBB Tours has been riding and operating tours in Laos for over five years, offering you great local knowledge and piece-of-mind so that you can relax and enjoy your trip with us.
This tour is “all inclusive” meaning that everything apart from evening meals and alcohol is supplied. Bikes, riding jacket & helmet, fuel, insurance, accommodation for 10 nights, breakfast, lunch and any admission fees with the exception of visa fees at the Burmese and Laos borders.
This is a tour suitable for anyone with a reasonable amount of “big bike” experience and pillions are welcome. We don’t ride extremely fast and definitely not recklessly but you must be competent and comfortable with speeds averaging between 80 – 120kph.