About This Tour
New for 2019, TBB Tours is extremely proud to be able to offer an opportunity to experience the annual Australian and New Zealand Army Corps memorial service at Kanchanaburi. This is held each year on the 25th of April to commemorate the brave Australian and New Zealand servicemen (ANZACs) who died during many campaigns stretching back to 1915 and World War I. More info can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day
TBB have put together a tour offering two options of differing durations – a 7 day trip from our base in Chiang Mai, terminating in Kanchanaburi, site of the ANZAC memorial services, and a 10 day trip initially covering the same route but extending back to Chiang Mai (a round trip).
Apart from offering the usual TBB high quality routes and hotels, highlights include: The Dawn Service, The Bridge Over the River Kwai, HellFire Pass and The 3 Pagodas Pass (10 day tour only).
Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son
- 19/4/2019 A very picturesque little town with an ethnic feel. Capital of Thailand’s least populated province.
- 20/4/2019 Mae Hong Son to Mae Sarieng. Highlight is a boat ride to visit a remote Karen Long Neck village.
- 21/4/2019 Mae Sarieng to Mae Sot.
- Fantastic riding on almost deserted roads with great quality tarmac.
- 22/4/2019 Mae Sot to Nakhon Sawan. Fast open sweepers today.
Nakhon Sawan to Kanchanaburi
- 23/4/2019 Heading towards our ultimate destination through sugar cane fields and the rice paddies of the central Thailand plains.
- 24/4/2019. Sightseeing of the Bridge On the River Kwai, The Thai-Burma Railway and Erawan waterfalls.
- 25/4/2019. Ride out to Hellfire Pass for the Dawn Service followed by the “Gunfire Breakfast”. Ride back to Kanchanaburi for the ceremony in the Memorial Cemetary where almost 7,000 POWs are buried. Lunch then a free afternoon. Shorter 7 day tour departs in a minivan for Bangkok.
- 26/4/2019 Kanchanaburi to Sangkhla Buri. A picturesque lakeside village which enables us to visit the Three Pagodas Pass at the Thai / Myanmar border.
- 27/4/2019 Sangkhla Buri to Nakhon Sawan. We start our ride back to CM today with a mix of mountains and plains, twisties and high speed roads.
28/4/2019 Nakhon Sawan to Chiang Mai. After a night sampling local typical Thai restaurants we have a high speed run up highways and aim to get back to our base in Chiang Mai by 4:30pm.